Air Canada At A Glance
Air Canada is Canada’s largest airline and the largest provider of scheduled passenger services in the Canadian market, the Canada-U.S. transborder market and in the international market to and from Canada. In 2016, Air Canada together with its Air Canada Express regional partners carried close to 45 million passengers, offering direct passenger service to more than 200 destinations on six continents. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance™, providing the world’s most comprehensive air transportation network.
Air Canada’s predecessor, Trans-Canada Air Lines (TCA) inaugurated its first flight on September 1, 1937. The 50-minute flight aboard a Lockheed L-10A carried two passengers and mail between Vancouver and Seattle. By 1964, TCA had grown to become Canada’s national airline; it changed its name to Air Canada. The airline became fully privatized in 1989. Air Canada shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:AC), and effective July 29, 2016, its Class A variable voting shares and Class B voting shares began trading on OTCQX International Premier in the US under the single ticker symbol “ACDVF”.
Mission, Vision and Values
Our Mission – Connecting Canada and the World
Our Vision – Building loyalty through passion and innovation
Our Values – Underpinning our Mission and Vision are core Values that inform all we do as individuals and collectively at Air Canada. These values serve as touchstones to guide our actions.
- Safety First and Last – 100% All the time.
- Make every Customer feel Valued – With our words. With our actions. With our products and services.
- Working Together – With Colleagues, Customers and Community.
- Act with Integrity – We are accountable. We foster an environment of trust. We communicate openly and in a timely manner.
- All Employees are Valued – We respect. We listen. We act.
- Drive for Excellence – Personally. Corporately. Ever reaching for the next level of innovation, quality of service.
Meet Air Canada at the Mississauga Job Fair – March 7th, 2018
Job seekers will have the chance to meet Air Canada in person at the Mississauga Job Fair this time in March 7th at The Living Arts Centre (4141 Living Arts, Mississauga. ON. L5B 4B8) from 1-4pm. Check our website often for the latest update List of Exhibitors and upcoming Job Fairs.
4 times a year, The Mississauga Job Fair connects HR Managers, recruiters & hiring companies with job seekers (professional adults, newcomers, temporary and permanent foreign workers, skilled and landed immigrants along with local & international students) from Mississauga Area. The Mississauga Job Fair welcomes hundreds of Job seekers searching for job opportunities in different industries.
Why Job Fair?
1. Get interviewed. Employers (if desire) can conduct on-the-spot interviews (with selected candidate).
It is likely that the interviewers may make immediate hiring decisions on the spot and could decide to contact you for an office interview.
2. Get a job and start your dream career. The Employers want to meet you. They want to hear from you. They want to see you in person. They want candidates who offer the best value to their organizations. Increase your chance for an interview and possibly getting hired.
4. Be contacted by Recruiters before the Job Fair. Upon your registration online or at the entrance, your resume will be provided online to employers (if requested). If you register online and attend the Job Fair, you will be asked to submit a copy of your resume for registration. That resume will be shared to all HR Managers and hiring companies that have immediate job openings.
The Air Canada Family
Voted the best airline in North America for 5 consecutive years by skytrax World Airline Awards, Air Canada has also been selected as one of Canada’s top 100 employers for the last 3 years by the Globe and Mail. Become part of the diverse, innovative team that connects Canada and the world, and let your career take flight.
When you join Air Canada, you become a part of a passionate culture that embodies an iconic Canadian symbol. Our diverse and innovative team of over 26,000 employees share the same passion: Connecting Canada and the world!
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Across the country and across the world, the Air Canada family brings people together.
Working at Air Canada – Benefits, Privileges and Rewards
Air Canada provides all of its employees with benefits that reflect today’s reality. These include a competitive salary and vacation policy, as well as a flexible group insurance plan that can be adjusted to fit the needs of each employee. Working for an international airline also offers exceptional growth potential and a wide variety of career opportunities to keep you engaged long-term.
Air Canada employees love to travel. Why wouldn’t they? With one of the most generous employee travel programs in the airline industry, Air Canada offers them and their immediate family members special rates on airfare. Plus, through Air Canada’s partners, they also enjoy discounts on car rentals, hotel accommodations, vacation packages and tour operators.
*Advantages may vary according to workplace
Connecting Canada and the world – Do these words resonate with you? Would you like to be part of the dedicated team that makes it happen? On a challenge of global proportions! Join Air Canada’s innovative and diverse workforce and watch your career take flight!
How To Attend The Job Fair?